Allison was born and raised in Greenville, North Carolina. She moved to Chapel Hill for college, where she double majored in Public Health and Exercise and Sport Science. She has been fortunate enough to stay for graduate school in Public Health as well as medical school, and is currently a resident physician in Obstetrics and Gynecology at UNC Hospitals. Clearly, a very proud (and lucky) Tarheel and she has loved living in the southern part of heaven.
1. When did you start training with CHT?
I started training in May 2016. Great decision!
2. How has CHT helped you achieve your goals? I started training with CHT, because over the past few years I put work first and not myself. I used to exercise almost everyday and run long distance races. I definitely felt like I had lost a part of my identity, not to mention strength and energy. Just in the past few months, I have increased my strength significantly, and I am excited to be getting ready for a half marathon! CHT keeps me focused, accountable, and moving forward!
3.What is your favorite exercise? Anything with the sliders or TRX.
4. What is your least favorite exercise? Push-ups. Aren’t those everyone’s least favorite?
5. How has training improved your life? In addition to all the other things I previously mentioned, I have to say my mood and quality of life is so much better. I also have found that I have organized my time so much more efficiently, while still keeping my own well-being in mind! I also can fit into some clothes that I previously couldn’t wear, so that’s a definite bonus!
6. What’s your favorite post workout food? Thanks to Cody’s influence, I have rediscovered a love for Chipotle and their steak burrito bowls.
7. What/who is your biggest inspiration? (fitness related or not) My mother is, without question, the most amazing and inspirational person I have ever known. She truly lives her life with so much joy and positivity, but is also strong and lives her life exactly how she chooses. She also is the youngest 72 year old ever – goes to the gym everyday, loves ziplining, and laughs far more than she ever complains. She is pretty much amazing and I’m so proud to be her daughter!
8. What would you write on the chalk board sign? “Don’t watch the clock. Just do what it does – keep going.” (- Sam Levenson)
Allison has a great attitude, and CHT is lucky to have her training with us. Congratulations are also in order because Allison won the CHT Olympics High Jump Event with a height of 14 inches!