Our January client of the month is Wes Garrison. Here’s our Q & A with Wes about his fitness journey!
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I was born right here in Chapel Hill, but grew up in Lexington, NC. I came to UNC in 1997 and liked it so much I decided to stay. After graduating in 2002 (5 years, but hey, who’s counting?) I continued running the technology consulting business that I started with a friend in college. In 2004 I started Raleigh Takeout with the same friend. Now Takeout Central delivers from restaurants in 8 markets across North Carolina and Tennessee! Fitness has always been important to me. In high school I played football, wrestled, and ran track. I found it difficult to keep up a good fitness routine until I discovered CHT, but now I feel like I’ll be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life.
2. When did you start training with CHT?
I started training with Lauren in Spring 2013.
3. How has CHT helped you achieve your goals? I have trouble finding the time to get to the gym on my own, and I definitely struggle putting together workouts with diverse exercises. CHT has helped me dedicate time to personal fitness and stay focused on being healthy.
4. What is your favorite exercise? Probably plain old push-ups. I can do a lot of them, so I’m biased, but it’s a great way to get stronger and improve endurance at the same time.
5. What is your least favorite exercise? Do I have to pick just one? It would have to be kettle bell swings. Leg lifts probably deserve an honorable mention, though.
6. How was training improved your life? It’s a great way to help clear my head before or after a frustrating day. It gives me a great sense of accomplishment as well. I’m stronger than I’ve ever been, and I’m getting in better aerobic shape too.
7. What’s your favorite post workout food? I have trouble eating for a while after workouts. Usually its a “tasty” protein shake (or Muscle Milk) followed by coffee. Then back to work.
8. What/who is your biggest inspiration? Not fitness related, but I have to say Bill Gates. He’s a guy who created something that changed the world and became the richest man in the world. But instead of hoarding his wealth, he’s using it to make life better for people all over the world through education, vaccines, and other public health programs. “Dedicated to the idea that all people deserve to lead healthy, productive lives”. Hard to say it much better than that.