MAY CLIENT OF THE MONTH: ANDREA CASH
Andrea grew up in West Virginia, but came to the Tar Heel State to attend High Point University. She worked at Our State magazine in Greensboro before landing a job at Chapel Hill Magazine and Durham Magazine, where she is now senior VP of content. (An occupational hazard: She gets invited to a lot of free dinners/food competitions/galas. Fun, but so hard on the waist line!) She and her husband recently relocated to Durham from Chatham County. She loves community building, singing, playing tennis, and spoiling her niece and nephew.
1. When did you start training with CHT? 2013. I had one session with Lauren for a Chapel Hill Magazine story. And then I was hooked and decided to join!
2. How has CHT helped you achieve your goals? It’s just helped me to get stronger. I have no problem going for a long walk or hitting some tennis balls, but I need structured motivation when it comes to strength training/total body workouts.
3. What is your favorite exercise? Skaters! Cody doesn’t call me Apollo for nothin’!
4. What is your least favorite exercise? Pushups. The struggle is REAL.
5. How has training improved your life? I so enjoy the people – the trainers and my fellow clients. It has provided a lot of structure around my workouts. I am never happier than when I am done! I mean that in the nicest way – I’m sweating, the endorphins are flowing, and I can head to dinner feeling good about what I just accomplished.
6. What’s your favorite post workout food? Med Deli salad sampler plate! Always with their awesome tuna salad!
7. What/who is your biggest inspiration? Beyonce. Queen Bey. She made lemonade out of lemons! May we all find the strength to follow her example. On a more serious note, my grandfather, Chris Rosati (he lives in Durham – look him up!), Eleanor Roosevelt and President Obama.
8. What would you write on the chalk board sign? You’re stronger than you think you are.
Thank you so much Andrea! We love having you at CHT and watching you get stronger. Keep up the fantastic work!