Kagan became a Tar Heel at birth, born on the 23rd of March in Winston-Salem during the year UNC Men’s Basketball won a National Championship. She may or may not have suffered hearing loss from her Dad screaming at the TV while holding her. She attended UNC for college, majoring in Psychology and then getting a job at a Prostate Cancer Research Lab where she now works as the Lab Manager. She did track and cross country all through high school and did not love it, and it took until her senior year of college to find a real passion for the sport. Now, according to her friend and co-worker, she is actually addicted to it. Kagan also has a wonderful cat named Sosa, a fiancé who attends ridiculous amounts of concerts with her, and a love of chocolate covered anything.
1. When did you start training with CHT? I started training with CHT October of 2015, when I was training for a 10K and kept getting weird injuries. I knew I needed to work on getting stronger, and was recommended to Cody by Fleet Feet!
2. How has CHT helped you achieve your goals? Without Cody and CHT there is no way I could have completed 2 half marathons in 4 months successfully. I went from constantly getting injured and having to take weeks off to now being far more consistent with my running. I also feel so much stronger, and can brag to my brother than I can do pull ups!
3. What is your favorite exercise? Deadlifts! It’s been fun to see how much stronger I get each week, and also they make me feel very intense.
4. What is your least favorite exercise? I always finish doing push ups amazed that they feel just as terrible as they did last week. Will I ever get better at them?!
5. How has training improved your life? For starters, I can now lift heavy boxes by myself. But honestly, I feel so much more confident! I love coming in to train every week, and since I come in on Mondays, it makes them suck a lot less. I can now walk into any gym and feel like I belong near the weights, not just on the treadmill.
6. What’s your favorite post workout food? Chocolate milk, always and forever. I love the Fairlife brand, but I’ve also definitely downed a full half gallon of Maple View Farms after a long run and I’ve got to say, nothing beats it.
7. Who/what is your biggest inspiration? My mom! She comes out to every race I run even though they are either super early, super hot/cold, or just super boring. Also, she is the most selfless, hilarious, and incredible woman I know.
8. What would you write on the chalk board sign? If CHT can get a girl with actual stick figure arms to do a pull up, they can help you too!
Kagan brings so much passion and dedication to her training, and we are thrilled to have her at as client at CHT!