Susan moved to Chapel Hill less than two years ago from Providence, RI, and before that she lived in NYC. Susan is a freelance writer, so she is lucky enough to be able to settle in a new area not tied to a specific job. She writes for a toy company, children’s books, and help create zoo and museum exhibits and signs. Most of her time not writing is spent with her dogs, exploring new trails and being out in nature. Susan finds nature to be the greatest healer.
1. When did you start training with CHT (about)?
I started training in September of this year.
2. How has CHT helped you achieve your goals?
It’s helping me achieve my goals because otherwise I wouldn’t be working out at all. I’m accountable now because I’m committed and need to show up. Don’t tell anyone, but for the first time in my life I’m actually enjoying working out.
3. What is your favorite exercise?
I like rowing either with the bands or the TRX. It helps open me up.
4. What is your least favorite exercise?
I don’t like stepping across the floor with a band around my ankles. It always makes me feel like throwing up.
5. How has training improved your life?
I’m feeling more grounded overall, and my posture is improving which helps psychologically too.
6. What is your favorite post workout food?
I don’t have one.
7. What or who is your biggest inspiration?
My biggest inspiration...right now, I’d have to say my trainer Robert. I can’t express how lucky I feel to have found him.
8. What would you write on the chalk board sign?
Reflect what you desire.
9. What is our favorite workout song?
I like working out to It’s Raining Men. But when I’m at CHT I like to listen to smooth jazz.