Trainer Spotlight: Robert Langston
Robert was born and raised in Chapel Hill. He studied Exercise Physiology and Pre-Medicine at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. After graduating college, he lived in San Fransisco and San Diego. Then he moved back to Chapel Hill to be close to his family and study Nutritional Biochemistry.
1. Did you play sports as a kid or what got you interested in excise? I've always been fascinated with life. As a kid I wanted to understand how everything worked. I took apart toys and electronics to understand what made them tick. I developed an interest in fitness from watching the television show Kung Fu. I started practicing Taekwondo when I was in 4th grade. I wrestled in middle school and also played pick-up basketball/football. I developed an interest in strength training in high school and continued to play pick up sports.
2. What is you favorite exercise?
Tough question! That's like asking me what my favorite food is, and I'm a foodie. I have a strong appreciation for all movement and enjoy each in its own balanced way.
3. What is your least favorite exercise?
Same situation as above, however I can definitely say a least favorite exercise is "the heat of battle" in a "love/hate" type of way. For example, a heavy 20rep squat set on rep 16, the last round of a body weight circuit, sparring someone 4 times my size, the initial starting phase of a meditation cycle. 4. What is your favorite workout music?
Rage Against the Machine, POD, Eminem, Cross-fade, Taylor Swift
5. What is your favorite class the CHT offers?
6. What is your favorite post workout food?
Steak, Potatoes and leafy green salad
7. Where does your motivation come from?
When it comes to my health I only have 1 body (as far as I know), so it feels natural for me to take care of it very well.
8. What is your favorite quote?
"If it's not in habit, you don't have it"
9. Anything you think your clients should know!
If you fancy beef, Baldwin Beef is amazing
CHT is so happy to have Robert on board! Schedule a training session with him today!