Dan and Linda Althouse are longtime members of the Chapel Hill Training Family. Dan has been an IBM network engineer for the past 28 years, and Linda is a psychometrician. Dan likes to play golf and curling (the Olympic sport), while Linda enjoys traveling, trying new restaurants, going to the movies, meeting up with friends, and the beach.
1. When did you start training with Chapel Hill Training?
A long time ago. We remember CHT pre-Cody, but Cody keeps us coming.
2. How has CHT helped you reach your fitness goals?
CHT gets us out of bed and starts our day off right! Wish we were better about coming when we were training for races as it might have helped us not get injured.
3. What is your favorite exercise?
Dan - running on a fall morning
Linda – walking (with some running intervals) along an ocean on a cool, sunny morning
4. What is your least favorite exercise?
Dan - push-ups
Linda – burpees (it even sounds ugly)
5. What is your favorite post workout food?
Dan - scrambled eggs with ham and cheese
Linda –probably the scrambled eggs with ham and cheese that Dan just made.
6. What is your favorite workout song?
Dan - anything from the 80's
Linda – I’m horrible with songs. Can’t name anything.
7. What quote would you write on the chalkboard?
"Happy hour starts now"
8. If you could torture your trainer with any one exercise what would it be?
Kettle bell swings with proper technique for an entire hour
9. What is your favorite thing about training at CHT together?
When you exercise together, at least one of us is motivated which forces the other to be.