1. Tell us about yourself! (Name, occupation, hobbies, fun facts, etc.)
My name is Ben Giglio (pronounced Jilly-O). I'm one of the radiochemists for the radiology department at UNC's school of medicine. I manufacture established radiopharmaceuticals used for clinical studies, and also do research on the creation/development of new radiotracers for preclinical studies.
2. When did you start training with Chapel Hill Training?
I started training with Rob Langston in February 2018.
3. How has CHT helped you reach your fitness goals?
Being able to have a professionally structured workout and nutrition plan created for me has made an enormous difference. It is much easier to do the work if someone has made the plan for you. When I worked out alone in the past, I would get bored after about 15 minutes and leave the gym because I didn't know what to do and would usually do the same thing every time. With a plan made for you, it stays interesting and provides an impetus to keep working.
4. What is your favorite exercise?
Rob built a tire sled recently-- dragging that up and down the sidewalk is always fun. I never noticed that Rosemary street is on a hill until I pulled the sled up the hill.
5. What is your least favorite exercise?
The bar hang.
6. What is your favorite post workout food?
I like to go raid Frutta Bowl after a workout.
7. What quote would you write on the chalkboard?
Profit comes from what is there; Usefulness from what is not there. - Lao Tzu
8. If you could torture your trainer with any one exercise what would it be?
Maybe a long farmers walk with heavy dumbbells.
9. What is your favorite workout song?
Anything from Metallica is good.
10. What is your favorite way to stay active outdoors in the warm weather?
Since the outdoor pools are open, I like to go lap swimming.