1. Tell us about yourself (Name, occupation, hobbies, fun facts, etc.)
My name is Katie Mann. I am from Winston Salem, NC and am a rising junior at UNC majoring in Business. I also work part time for the Rams Club. I enjoy running and going out with friends.
2. When did you start training with Chapel Hill Training?
I started training with CHT around December 2017.
3. How has CHT helped you reach your fitness goals?
CHT has taught me about strength training and using proper form. I was intimidated by weights before CHT and rarely did any strength training. Now I enjoy it! I learn new exercises and tips from Rai every time I come in to the studio.
4. What is your favorite exercise?
Sit ups with the resistance band. Rai tugs at the band to give me a challenge.
5. What is your least favorite exercise?
Wall balls outside when it is 90 degrees.
6. What is your favorite post workout food?
Some kind of bar (Lara, Kind, etc.) to hold me over until my next meal or fruit of some sort (apple, banana, etc.)
7. What is your favorite workout song?
Stronger - Kanye West
8. What quote would you write on the chalkboard?
Make progress, not excuses.
9. If you could torture your trainer with any one exercise what would it be?
Pull me on the tire outside.
10. What is your favorite way to stay active outdoors in the warm weather?
I typically like to run but prefer to go early in the morning before it gets too hot. Walking with friends and swimming are also great ways to stay active with the warm weather.
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
TRAINER OF THE MONTH: CODY JOHNSON
April 28, 2016
Beginners Guide to Strength Training for Runners:Tips & Tricks to Improve Performance and Decrease Injury